Creator

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Hi I'm Mike Barchetti. I love the unique and the strange. I am opinionated, and love to discuss things. Humor is the spice of life, because nothing is ever off limits. With that being said, I am a very sarcastic and vulgar person. Besides my love of discourse, storytelling is something that I live for, and whenever the two meet, I am in my element. I'm very outgoing, and like to meet new people, so give me a shout!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stateline, NV (2012)

The waves and the shore are shy lovers,
Whispering sweet nothings back and forth,
Gently kissing after each exchange.
Evergreens and drying sun screen, a subtle perfume
Hanging in the air like a gull gliding against the wind.

We are surrounded by mountains like distant predators
Snow covered, as cold as stone hearts.
They claw at the cloudless desert of sky, a
Blue blob of infinity, shapeless and bare, except for
An unblinking eye that shines without limitation.
It reflects off water like a liquid mirror, a
Glass window to a shrouded world I'll never know.

Winter swims in the water during the summer,
The lake is cold water from the garden hose
quenching my skin after playing with the sun,
It washes off the sand sticking to my skin,
My sun baked towel calls to me with an outstretched hand,
come back.

No comments: