Creator

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Hi I'm Mike Barchetti. I love the unique and the strange. I am opinionated, and love to discuss things. Humor is the spice of life, because nothing is ever off limits. With that being said, I am a very sarcastic and vulgar person. Besides my love of discourse, storytelling is something that I live for, and whenever the two meet, I am in my element. I'm very outgoing, and like to meet new people, so give me a shout!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nothing Cannot be Nothing (2011)

Nothing can never actually be nothing. By thinking of nothing you automatically are making nothing into something. You imagine nothing as pitch black or pure white. However, these are colors, and are in fact something and therefore cannot be nothing. You envision nothing as an empty space. Nothing cannot be this, because a space is something that can be given qualities like emptiness. You cannot think of nothing. The word nothing automatically signifies it as something. However nothing is the absence of that something. Nothing is the absence of thought, of anything, ever. This essay, that previous statement, and even this statement makes nothing something. Nothing is a concept (or lack thereof) that you are unable of comprehending. We cannot comprehend nothing, because are beings that have mass, and have never and will never experience nothing. It is beyond us, and the absence of us, and everything we know or will ever know.

No comments: